Patrons 13 years and under must pass a swim test provided by a UVAC lifeguard in order to swim alone in the competition pool. The swim test is as follows:
- Swim one length of the pool
- Tread Water for 1 Minute
- Swim an additional length of the pool, back to where the patron began.
Demonstrate one or more of the following strokes during the swim test
- Front Crawl
- Back Crawl
- Elementary Backstroke
The patron passes the swim test
- The patron may use the competition pool while a parent or guardian is on the competition pool deck
- The swim test will be documented as a “pass” and signed by the lifeguard who administered it.
The patron does not pass the swim test
- The patron may use the competition pool so long as a parent or guardian is in the water with them.
- The swim test must be documented as a “fail” and signed by the lifeguard who administered it.