Christine received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry from the University of Vermont. After an active career in scientific research and time as a full-time mother, she returned to her passion in track and field in 2015 as a successful Masters Athlete and Performance Coach. Passionate about competition, track and field, weightlifting and fitness, Christine enjoys working with athletes and individuals of all ages.
In 2017, she was the National and Regional World Champion in W45 Pentathlon and the Regional World Champion in W45 High Jump. Christine was ranked #2 in the world in W45 Pentathlon, #7 in the world in W45 400m Hurdles, and #21 in the world in W45 80m Hurdles for the year 2017. 2018 was a rough year with injuries and she did not compete as extensively but managed to hold on to her Mid-Atlantic Champion status in the W45 80m Hurdles, W45 High Jump, and the W45 400m Hurdles.
- Favorite Exercise: Clean and Jerk, Chin Ups I find both very empowering full body exercises.
- Least Favorite Exercise: I hate core work though I still do it. I never look forward to core day.
- Enjoys working with a wide range of clients but finds introducing novice clients to the value of strength training very rewarding
- Enjoys working with youth athletes and showing them how sports performance training can add to their health and performance in their chosen sport.
- Speed and Multi-directional speed training for both youth and adult athletes
- Nutrition Coaching/Advising for both youth and adult athletes
- Her ideal client varies: youth athletes, adult/masters athletes and the adult client looking to improve overall health, strength, balance and conditioning.
- She firmly believes that there is an athlete in every single person and wants to help individuals discover that athlete and understand that strength, fitness and healthy food choices have on their lifelong health and quality of life.
- Enjoys spending quality time with her husband Frank and son Frankie and Standard Poodle Blackie
- She spends quite a bit of time listening to her son play the piano and practice with his band
- She is a total gym rat and love to train and workout
- She still competes as a Masters Track and Field athlete so enjoy going to competitions and training for those competitions
- She enjoy being outside hiking, skiing, XC skiing snowshoeing paddle boarding
- Will be coaching the UVAC Speed School in the late afternoon, early evenings to match up with school/camp schedules.
Favorite Quote: “Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”- Author Unknown